Dissemination Webinar on Planning for a Demonstration Project
Dissemination Webinar on Planning for a Demonstration Project using Run of River Submersible Water Turbine On 8th Feb, 2018 at 10:00 HRS PKT Author: Dr. Muhammad Nawaz Akhtar 1 Planning for Installation of a Submersible Turbine 1 2 3 4 General Planning Planning for Procurement Planning for Transportation Planning for Installation and commissioning (including standard reliability test) 5 Planning for performance monitoring and operational life 6 Planning for Consensus Building among Stakeholders 7 Planning for provision of electricity to users 2 1 General Planning for the Installation of 5Kw Submersible Turbine 1. Upper Jehlum Canal running Period= 11 months
2. Annual Planned Shutdown = 5th January - 5th February 3. Planned schedule of activities for the Installation of this turbine at Jaggu water Level Crossing in UJ Canal has been made and presented in the next slide#4. 3 Planning for the Installation of a 5 KW Submersible Turbine at Jaggu water Level Crossing in UJ Canal (January-February) 2 3 4 5 6 6 77 Lowering the turbine in the canal Installation of turbine holding structure Installation of turbine 10
Commissioning of the system 11 Canal start running 12 9 Hookup of control panel to the utility circuit breaker Pre commissioning testing Test run of the system 13 8 Startup of system 14 Installation of power lines, circuit breaker, control panel, smart meter etc. Reliability Test Run
8 18 7 17 6 February 16 5 15 4 14 3 13 Transportation of Turbine to the site Mobilization of EPC contractor Canal shutdown
2 12 1 1 11 Activities 10 No January 9 Permission from Punjab Government This canal is under control of Punjab Government who has established Punjab Power Development Board (PPDB) in the Punjab Energy Department (PED) to; i. Facilitate the implementation of power generation projects and power distribution arrangements, in case of power sale to a private sector; ii. Pre-qualify the sponsors both in case of raw site projects or solicited site projects; iii. Evaluate the bids of pre-qualified sponsors and issue Letters of
Interest and Letters of Support to the successful sponsors; iv. Assist the sponsor / project company in seeking necessary consents / permissions from various governmental agencies; v. Negotiate the implementation agreements (IAs), assist in the negotiations relating to the water use licenses (WULs), and assist the power producer, fuel supplier and provincial authorities in the negotiations, execution and administration of other agreements such as the PPA, the FSA/ GSA/CSA and the WUL;5 vi. Co-ordinate with Federal Government agencies and DISCOs / NTDC for development of the power generation projects; vii. Follow up and assist in the implementation and monitoring of projects; viii. Take up such other matters as may be required for the promotion of power generation projects in the province. ix. Hierarchy of Implementation policy have been presented at Slide#7. Punjab Irrigation department has issued permission for the installation of above-mentioned turbine for non-commercial utility at the designated site. A copy of the NOC presented at Slide#8. 6 7 NOC from the Department of Irrigation Punjab 8 2 Planning for Procurement
International limited tenders will be floated for the supply of hydrokinetic turbines for the whole canal, mentioning ; Specific parameters of the canal Required quantity Quotations will be requested from following 44 hydrokinetic turbine manufacturers all over the world ; 1. Smart Hydro Power GmbH (Germany) 2. Thropton Energy Services (UK) 3. Alternative Hydro Solutions Ltd (Canada) 4. Energy Alliance (Russia) 5. New Energy (Canada) 6. Tidal Energy Pvt. Ltd. (Australia) 7. Lucid Energy Technologies (USA) 8. Seabell Int. Co., Ltd. (Japan) 9 9. Eclectic Energy Ltd. (UK) 10. Greentech Avvenue (USA, Canada, Germany) 11. kirloskar integrated technologies private limited (India) 12. ACEP (Alaska) 13. Verdant Power USA 14. And so on. Full list of 44 manufacturers and developers can be available. 10
Criteria for the Evaluation of Quotations Quotations will be evaluated considering technical parameters including e.g; 1. Maximum power output at the given velocity of water in the canal 2. Cut- in Velocity 3. Cut- out Velocity 4. Efficiency curve 5. Price 6. Ease of installation 7. Stability 8. Useful life 9. Performance History 10. Reference projects 11. Financial aspects 12. After sales service etc., 11 3 Planning for Transportation Transportation of the turbines from the dry port to the site of installation: Transport Company Unloading and transportation to designated site: By EPC Contractor using mobile crane 12 4 Planning for Installation and commissioning (including standard reliability test) 1. Installation plan to be provided by the manufacturer and will be followed.
2. Commissioning of the turbine will be carried out strictly in line with the instructions provided by manufacture. 3. 72 hour Standard Reliability Run Test will be carried out as per SOP made by IESCO pursuant to their standard practices. 13 Administrative Procedures in the Project Administrative procedures clarify the role of all participants in the organization. Once the role of these parties is identified, a plan for the turnover of equipment/systems from the contractor to the owner should be developed; 1. Schedules of construction 2. completion dates 3. Testing Startup organization; Project Owner Project Engineer EPC Contractor 14 Owner of the Turbine /Project Owner is usually the operator and provides ; Operating personnel Maintenance personnel, That may Coordinate Supervise
participate in; o Installation o Commissioning program The owners representatives usually perform following activities; 1. Review administrative, construction, installation, pre-operational and operational programs, and schedules etc. 2. Witnesses testing activities, as necessary, in support of the commissioning program. 3. Provide coordination with offsite operating, dispatching, or 15 interfacing agencies, as required. 4. Accept equipment and systems for operation during the precommissioning testing phase. 5. Accept equipment, systems and will facilitate, subsequent to successful testing of these items, and provide final acceptance of the project. 6. Operate all permanent equipment and turbine to support the startup schedule; and make final decisions in areas of disputes relating to test activities performed during the testing program. 16 EPC Contractor EPC contractor provides 1.Engineering 2.Procurement 3.Construction 4.Installations activities 5.Testing the equipment and systems under the contract witnessed by;
Project Engineer Owner The contractor will perform following; 1.All engineering activities like selection of the turbine and associated auxiliary systems. 2.Coordinate procurement activities and transportation of all of the equipments from the dry port to the installation site. 3.Prepare layout drawings of the structures, installation of equipments and associated systems. 4.Prepare Gant-Charts and schedules of all sub activities from start to completion of the project. 17 5. Perform commissioning, testing of equipment 6. Record test data results during construction/installation and precommissioning testing and will distribute to the Project Engineer, and incorporate into the system turnover package. 7. Implement tagging and work clearances on systems and equipment. 8. Schedule completion of construction work and test activities to support the overall commissioning program. 9: Provide the Project Engineer with status of contractor-furnished equipment and systems deficiency list items. 10. Perform pre-commissioning testing on contractor-furnished equipment and systems in accordance with test requirements contained within the contract. 18 Project Engineer
Project Engineer typically provides the design documents to install and test the turbine based on the manufacturers recommendations. Provide all engineering documents and information necessary for construction, completion and testing of the turbine. Assist other engineers on-site to provide assistance on design and engineering problems. 19 Pre-commissioning Test 1. Pre-commissioning test is to ensure all tests and checks necessary for each system to be functional before startup of commissioning testing of the overall integrated turbine commences. 2. The purpose of these procedures is to verify that each system performs in accordance with design requirements. 3. Commissioning test procedures will be used during the final phase of the plant startup. 4. These procedures outline tests to be performed on turbine-generator and controls, voltage regulator and excitation systems, relays and protection equipment, and the various modes of starting, loading, and stopping each unit. 5. This phase will be coordinated with the vendors representatives supplying the turbine and with the operating authority for this turbine. 20 Following tests will be performed in support of the commissioning program and in keeping with the schedules for preoperational and operational testing. 1. Unit alignment;
2. Rotational run-out checks; 3. Rotor diameter measurement; 4. Rotor roundness measurement; 5. Stator bore diameter measurement; 6. Stator roundness measurement; 7. Air-gap measurement; 8. Verification of temperature devices; 9. Current transformer polarity checks; 10. Stator and rotor winding resistance measurements; 11. Open circuit saturation test; 12. Short-circuit test; 13.) Phase sequence test; 14. Heat run; Over-speed tests; 15.Load rejection tests. 21 Commissioning of the Turbine Installation plan of the turbine provided by the manufacturer will be followed. Commissioning of the turbine will be carried out strictly in line with the instructions provided by the turbine manufacture. In case of unavailability of commissioning procedures for this turbine following tests will be conducted; 1. Speed no load (SNL) rejection. 2. 25% load acceptance and rejection. 3. 50% load acceptance and rejection. 4. 75% load acceptance and rejection. 5. 100% load acceptance and rejection. 6. Normal shutdown.
7. After the successful installation and commissioning of the turbine, a 72 hour Standard Reliability Run Test will be carried out as per SOP made by IESCO pursuant to their standard practices. 22 72 Hours Reliability Test For this test the whole system will be operated continuously for 72 hours and all critical parameters mentioned in the Table like; voltage, current, Power Factor, Power, frequency, RPM, stator winding temperature etc. will be recorded after every hour and daily signed by ; 1. EPC contractor, 2. Manager construction 3. Owner/client of the turbine If due to any reason turbine go into shutdown than again 72 hours will start from zero hour to confirm reliability in continuous operation. The 72 Hours Reliability Test Acceptance Form has been placed in next slide # 23 Generator Parametric Log Report in next slide # 24. 23 24 5 KW Submersible Turbine Generator Parametric Log Report for 72 hours Reliability Test run Date: 10-0218 Phase to Phase Voltage (V) Phase to
Phase Current A) P KW FREQ KV RP F (P) (HRT ar M Z) Time RY YB BR R Y B Stator winding Temperature (oC) General Turbine Grid Voltage Tempera BRG (V) ture Temperat o ( C) ure (oC) 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2
1 2 R Y B Y B R 0:00 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00 24:00 EPC Contractor MC Client Sign: Sign: Sign:
Name: Name: Name: Designation: Designation: Designation: 25 5 Planning for performance monitoring and operational life 1. The Plan for the Periodic Performance Monitoring and Preventive Maintenance of the Turbine will be adopted as supplied by the manufacturer of the turbine. 2. As the turbine will be fully submerged in the water so continuous physical performance monitoring is difficult. 3. Power conditioning & monitoring system will be installed on the power evacuation system that will convey and record the performance of the turbine in terms of output power along with data logging.
4. With temperature sensors and leakage sensors provided in the stator housing and cable entry, the generator can be monitored for problems before their occurrence. 5.Annual planned shutdown from 5th January - 5th February is available for physical inspection and maintenance of the turbine. 26 6 Planning for Consensus Building among Stakeholders For consensus building among all the following stakeholders, 2-fold strategy is proposed: 1. SAARC Energy Centre Islamabad 2. IST (Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad) 3. M/s Al-Awan General Trading Corp. (Country Head, Smart Hydro Power)/Owner of the Turbine) 4. Department of Irrigation, Government of the Punjab 5. Punjab Energy Development Board 6. IESCO (Islamabad Electric Supply Company) 7. Ministry of Environment, Government of the Punjab 8. Representatives of the local area Sharing of study report with all above-mentioned stakeholders. A 1-day dissemination workshop will be arranged at the site and all the stake holders may be invited to build the consensus. 27
7 Planning for provision of electricity to users 1. Office Building of Hydro Monitoring Station with a connected load of 3 kW. 2. The output of the installed turbine may be consumed within this public sector office. 3. In the premises of Jaggu Head, there are a number of installations whose security and monitoring activities demand uninterrupted electrical power supply which can be met through the output power from this turbine for 11 months annually. 4. For the coming projects on this site, electricity consumers all around the area, facing more than 12 hours load shedding, would be eager to utilize the electricity produced; the beneficiaries may also include small scale industrial units. 28 QUESTIONS ANSWERS ??????? !!! & !!!!!! 29 Thank You
UEK Annapolis, Maryland Underwater Electric Kite www.uekus.com Verdant Power Arlington, VA Kinetic Hydro Power System www.verdantpower.com Vortex Hydro Energy Ypsilanti, MI Vivaci www.vortexhydroenergy.com Woodshed Technologies
Australia Tidal DelayTM www.woodshedtechnologies.com. au BioPower Australia bioStreamTM www.biopowersystems.com Blue Energy Canada Davis Turbine www.bluenergy.com 31 Bourne Energy Malibu, CA Riverstar
www.bourneenergy.com Clean Current Canada Clean Current Turbine www.cleancurrent.com Current to Current Burlington MA Submersible Power Generator www.currenttocurrent.com Free Flow Power Manchester, MA Free Flow Power www.free-flow-power.com
Hammerfest Strom Norway Hammerfest Strom Turbine www.tidevannsenergi.com Hydro Green Energy Houston, TX HydroGreen Turbine www.hgenergy.com Lucid Energy Goshen, IN Lucid Energy Turbine www.lucidenergy.com Lunar Energy Ltd
United Kingdom RTT www.lunarenergy.co.uk Marine Current Turbines Ltd United Kingdom Seaflow SeaGen www.marineturbines.com 32 Neptune Renewables United Kingdom www.neptunerenewableenergy.c om Oceana
Washington DC www.oceanaenergy.com Ocean Flow Energy United Kingdom EvapodTM www.oceanflowenergy.com Open Hydro Ireland Open Center Turbine (OCT) www.openhydro.com Ocean Renewable Power Fall River, MA OCGenTM
www.oceanrenewablepower.com Pulse Generation United Kingdom Pulse Generation www.pulsegeneration.co.uk Ponte di Archimeda Italy Enemar www.pontediarchimede.com Seapower Intl AB Sweden EXIM TM www.seapower.se Sea Snail United
Kingdom Sea Snail www.rgu.ac.uk Scots Renewables United Kingdom SRTT www.scotrenewables.com 33 Hydro Green Energy Houston, TX HydroGreen Turbine www.hgenergy.com Lucid Energy Goshen, IN
Lucid Energy Turbine www.lucidenergy.com Lunar Energy Ltd United Kingdom RTT www.lunarenergy.co.uk Marine Current Turbines Ltd United Kingdom Seaflow SeaGen www.marineturbines.com Natural Currents Highland, NY Natural Current Vertical Axis
Turbine www.naturalcurrents.com Neptune Renewables United Kingdom www.neptunerenewableenergy.co m Oceana Washington DC www.oceanaenergy.com Ocean Flow Energy United Kingdom EvapodTM www.oceanflowenergy.com 34
Open Hydro Ireland Open Center Turbine (OCT) www.openhydro.com Ocean Renewable Power Fall River, MA OCGenTM www.oceanrenewablepower.com Pulse Generation United Kingdom Pulse Generation www.pulsegeneration.co.uk Ponte di Archimeda
Italy Enemar www.pontediarchimede.com Seapower Intl AB Sweden EXIM TM www.seapower.se Sea Snail United Kingdom Sea Snail www.rgu.ac.uk Scots Renewables United Kingdom SRTT www.scotrenewables.com
SMD Hydrovision United Kingdom TidEl www.smd.co.uk Startkraft Norway Statkraqft www.statkraft.com Swan Turbines United Kingdom Swan Turbine www.swanturbines.co.uk 35 Tidal Generation
Limited Tidal Hydraulic Lucid Energy Technologies Smart Hydro Power GmbH Thropton Energy Services Alternative Hydro Solutions Ltd Energy Alliance New Energy Seabell Int. Co., Ltd. Eclectic Energy Ltd. United Kingdom United Kingdom Tidal Generation Turbine Tidal Hydraulic Generator www.tidalgeneration.co.uk www.dev.onlinemarketinguk.net/T HG/ USA
Germany Smart Hydro Power [email protected] U.K Canada Russia Canada Japan UK +81-3-3237-9634 [email protected] http://www.eco-web.com/cat/ 9.5.html 36 Greentech Avvenue USA Canada Germany kirloskar integrated technologies private limited India
Transliterated "baptize"as a verb and "baptism" ( baptizma ) as a noun. ... Times New Roman Arial Black Elephant Symbol Arial Edwardian Script ITC Default Design PowerPoint Presentation PowerPoint Presentation PowerPoint Presentation PowerPoint Presentation PowerPoint Presentation ...
Zeus was safely being raised by Nymphs and shepherds.Eventually Zeus grew up and Rhea, his mother, told him about what Cronus did to his siblings.Zeus made a promise to his mother that he would make Cronus pay for what he...
The title of this talk is: Interpersonal Trauma and the Inventory of Altered self-capacities. The focus of this research is a new clinical and research instrument that has been developed by my friend and colleague, John Briere (2000).
Tropic hormones control the function Trophic hormones promote survival and growth of targets Releasing Hormone Release-inhibiting Hormone Hypothalamo-hypophyseal portal system A A S S P P P P P P P P P P P S 1 Tropic hormones control...
In the Young's slits experiment, the effect of light coming through both slits is not simply the sum of the effects of the two beams coming through the two slits individually. ... Microscopic realism OR macroscopic "counter-factual definiteness" BELL'S THEOREM...
Basic and Fundamental Principles of Health Promotion Prof. Elba N. Ortiz MSN FNP-BC Catedrática Auxiliar Programa de FNP, RCM, UPR The original model included these four constructs: Perceived susceptibility (an individual's assessment of their risk of getting the condition) Perceived...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!