3. Industrialized meat packing 4. Known for 3 important trends: Uniformity Specialization
Integrated large scale industry economy of scale Why is Gail Borden Significant?
1. Recognizes the need for portable foodstuff Meat Biscuit #nastynasty
2. Condensing Borden Condensed Milk Company Infant mortality
3. Mobility James Duke? 1. 1880s- American Tobacco Co.
2. Cigarette Ideal industrialized society vice 3. Advertising
Cigarette cards Green Stamps F.W. WOOLWORTH
1. 1890S-5 and Dime Store 2. Display, Impulse, quantity over quality 3. 1913-builds the tallest building in the world!
4. Creates the model for modern stores: JC Penny's, Sears, Wal-mart Significance of Industrialization
1. Redefines supply and demand. Excessive market power by corporations. Monopolies (horizontal, vertical, bi-lateral)
2. Destroys classical American Individualism. Individual is deemphasized Harder to break out of poverty
Significance, continued 3. Creates new trends toward discipline and order. Decrease in:
Leisure time, traditions, creativity, Pride in work, quality of products. Increase in:
Discipline, Order, Inculcation education, Boredom, Alcoholism, Savings (economical and emotional), Middle Class* John Harvey Kellogg
Sylvanus Stall (18 October 1847 6 November 1915) was a United States Lutheran pastor, most famous for his 1897 sex education and anti-masturbation book What A Young Boy Ought To Know and its many sequels. Stall was born in Ellisville, New York.
What a Young Woman, Young Man, Young Wife, Young Man and a Man of 45 Ought to Know!
Significance continued 3. (continued)new trends toward discipline and order. This emphasis on saving, both economically and
emotionally creates a middle class! Families have fewer kids, can afford a home & college 4. The Populist and Progressive movements
Organized labor movement Push back on Industry.. Video
Start compiling a list of the following: 1. Why famous and or infamous 2. Characteristics
Open Notes Quiz. Create a poem, rap or song which identifies the significance of at least four of the nine
factors which led to American Industrialization (1865-1900). Work with the people at your table. Use YOUR notesno electronic devices
You have 10 minutes.Go. Everyone will present on Thursday Open Notes Quiz- *Identify 2 reasons why each of the following people
are Significant to our study of industrialization: 1. Cornelius Vanderbilt 2. Gustuvus Swift 3. Gail Borden
4. James Duke Why Did Industrialization lead to an increase in Discipline and Order? Identify and explain two ways
this effected people negatively and 2 ways it effected people positively.
Conduct an interactive discussion challenging the audience to think about the types of organizations they might want to join now as students. Discuss why it would be good to become a member of a professional association while still a student....
WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE CURRICULUM NIGHT! Monday, August 8, 2016 Jann Johnson, Valerie Nikolaus, Lori-Jo Peters, Alicia Tunstall Procedures Drop Off and Pick Up Emails (change in pick up plans no later than 12:00) Students being checked out early Things...
Show how the curve is used. We will revise the curve to include reference reach data and Baltimore City data and then release the curve * Points: Accurate determination of bankfull is a must because all relationships are based on...
- Simplify the management of SQL BLOB data by defining rules to actively move data to appropriate storage locations, based on a various criteria. ... AvePoint: Your Bridge toCloud Services. Common Barriers to Entry for Hybrid Storage and Azure Cloud...
, paper given at the BERA annual conference, UMIST, Manchester, 15-18th September . CRANMER, Sue. 2006. Enhancing graduate employability: best intentions and mixed outcomes. Studies in Higher Education, 31: 169-184. TOMLINSON, Michael (2007) Graduate employability and student attitudes and orientations...
The opposite to this is a fixed mindset, where the idea is that ability is fixed and you can either do maths or you can't. When children have a growth mindset, they do well with challenges and do better in...
What is an essay? To 'try out' ideas, essayer To bring together. a) your particular responses to a piece of literature, b) engage directly with the topic, which, on some level, will be asking you to develop those particular perceptions...
Do not leave valuables in plain view - Put them out of sight, either in the trunk or under the seat. You can deter auto theft by using a steering wheel club. Never leave your car running or leave the...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!