The Earth K (Know)5 W ( Want to k n o w ) 5 L (Learned)5 As you watch the video, write down 5 things that you learned. Also write down any vocabular y words that are important http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MucQmSIKElU
The Four Layers List the four layers of the Earth. Write how thick each layer is beside its name Name of the Layer Thickness Crust 5-25 miles
Mantle 1800 miles Outer Core 1400 miles Inner Core 800 miles
The 3 Compositional Layers (What they are made of) 1. Crust (Continental and Oceanic)the thin and solid outermost layer of the Earth-mostly rock 2. Mantle-the layer of rock between the Earths crust and core (iron and magnesium) 3. Core-the central part of the Earth below the mantle (iron and nickel)
1. Crust 2. Mantle 3. Core The 5 Physical Layers (solid vs liquid, rigid vs soft) 1. Lithosphere-the crust and upper mantle (rigid/stiff) 2. Asthenosphere- soft layer of the mantle (plastic) 3. Mesosphere- solid layer of the mantle
4. Outer Core- liquid, outer layer of the core. Produces the Earths magnetic field 5. Inner Core- solid, inner layer of the core 1. Lithosphere 2. Asthenosphere 3. Mesosphere 4. Outer Core 5. Inner Core The Crust
5. The crust is like the skin of an apple. 6. At 1600 degrees Fahrenheit, rocks begin to melt. 7. The crust of the Earth is broken into many pieces called plates. 8. The plates float on the soft, plastic mantle which is located below the crust. The Lithosphere
9. The crust is composed of two basic rock types granite and basalt. 10.The crust and the upper layer of the mantle together make up a zone of rigid rock called the lithosphere. 11. The layer below the rigid lithosphere is a zone of asphalt-like consistency called the asthenosphere. It is the part of the mantle that flows and moves the plates of the Earth.
Lithosphere Asthenosphere The Mantle 12. The mantle is the layer located under the sima. It is the largest layer of the Earth, 1800 miles thick. 13. The movement of the mantle is the reason that the plates of the Earth move! 14. The temperature at the top of the
mantle is about 1600 degrees Fahrenheit. 15. The temperature at the bottom of the mantle is about 4000 degrees Convection Currents 16.Convection Currents are caused by the very hot material at the deepest part of the mantle rising, then cooling, sinking again and then heating, rising and repeating the
cycle over and over. 17.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpoko_l3 4ZE The Outer Core 17.The outer core is so hot that the metals in it are all in the liquid state. 18.The outer core is composed of the melted metals nickel and iron. The Inner Core
19. The inner core has temperatures and pressure so great that the metals are squeezed together and are forced to vibrate in place as a solid. 20. The temperatures may reach 9000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Layers of Earth Animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9j1xGaxYzY Outer Core Inner Core Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOvWRnyCLzo Layers of the Earth Rap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHRI_Z2Kgs Resources
Brown Ocean-Blue Fill out the small squares with information from pages 96-99 Cut out the Title The Earths Layers Cut out the layers and the 12 small layers The small squares of
information will go on the inside each flap or the left side of the front Composition: Elements State of Matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas 1. Inner Core-Red 2. Outer Core- RedOrange 3. Lower MantleOrange 4. Middle Mantle- Light Orange
5. Upper Mantle- Yellow 6. Oceanic Crust- Dark Brown 7. Continental CrustLight Brown 8. Ocean-Blue STAPLES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FOLDABLE
Probe information - Probe information collection by each car maker - Providing each users with traffic information. Current Situation of ITS in Japan. VICS (Vehicle Information and Communication System) - Since 1996 - traffic information through FM-multiplex broadcasting, radio beacons...
3. Perceptions, motivations, skills, and the social environment are key influences on behavior. Individual Level Interpersonal Level Community Level Group Work Chose a theoretical model or constructs that seem to be the best fir for your selected community issue and...
Expansion Diffusion Expansion Diffusion: Idea that develops in an area and remains strong there while also spreading to other areas (McDonald's) 2. Relocation Diffusion Relocation Diffusion: Idea that develops in an area but moves to different places, leaving behind its...
Stevenage FC. Easter Tour - Sportilia (Italy) U9-U15. Overview. 7th April - 11th April 2014 (4 nights/5days) Train and play at top European facility. 4 Training Sessions. 3 Competitive matches - (Serie A, Serie B and KO Competition) BA Flights....
the buckle of the Bible Belt. I am from grits and catfish, bursting with flavor; ... I am from Mary and ML, Lillie and Tim, Janice and Tony. I am from genesis and revelations…what is . and what is to...
NOTE: many confuse the latitude and longitude information and sometimes use decimals instead of degrees, minutes, and seconds. It's important to tell the SOSC if you are using decimals rather than degrees, minutes, and seconds so they convert to the...